How do you clean your acupressure mat? Will soaking it in water or putting it in the washing machine damage my acupressure mat? A lot of first-time users of self-health tools have questions about keeping their items clean and hygienic, especially with the recent pandemic! Luckily the team at AlignMat have put together two different ways to clean and wash your acupressure mat.
The first way is slower and traditional, if you have the time this technique will not only clean your acupressure mat but also ensure its longevity.
- The first step is to fill up a bath (or basin) with warm soapy water, and ensure it has some bubble to it.
- Undo the mats velcro at the bottom of the acupressure mat.
- Remove the foam from the mat.
- Place the cover of the acupressure mat into the bath.
- Once in the water gently wash the mat cover, you can use a toothbrush to get in between the lotus points.
- Once complete, take the cover and leave it to dry.
- Repeat this process once a month, any more than this can lead to damages.
Bonus tip: When using the brand new toothbrush it's vital to gently rub against the lotus-shaped points. If too much damage is used this can cause damage to the pressure points.
Now if that option takes up to much time we recommend the following technique. This is much more simple and less time consuming but can lead to damages if done repeatedly without care.
- First, take the acupressure cover of the rubber mat.
- the second step is to place the mat in your washing machine.
- then turn on the washing machine, and ensure its cold water with the lowest time setting possible on your machine.
- Once done hang your cover on the close line to dry.
- After drying your cover place it back over the top of the rubber model.
This technique in terms of cleaning your acupressure mat is highly effective and doesn't consume as much time. It can lead to damage to the lotus-shaped points if you use hot water on a long set, so it's important to ensure you watch your washing machine's settings closely.
Keeping your acupressure mat clean is more important than ever, don't regret not taking the time to maintain your mat and pillow set.