Why do some people experience feelings of dizziness, nausea, cold hands, feet & even increased tension when using an acupressure mat and pillow? In this article, we will explore why some people experience nausea and some acupressure mat side effects.
When you lie or stand on your acupressure mat a stimulation experience occurs for the user. This stimulation can be described as slightly uncomfortable, very comfortable or even extremely painful! Everyone is different and this is highlighted by acupressure mats and the unique effects people experience.
These effects can continue for some time after you have stopped using your mat, again these can range from feelings such as euphoria. tired, alert, hungry. Dizziness and or nausea can also occur for some people. Most people, however, experience bliss feelings such as happiness, relaxation, warmth and a clearer state of mind. How and what you experience on the mat depends on the state of your physical and mental health.
- As soon as you wake up in the morning use your acupressure mat, first thing when we wake up is when we are at our most perceptive. Ensure to concentrate on your breathing and stay present at the moment.
- Incorporate mantras and positive self-talk, an example of this is "So many benefits from this experience" or " I am calm, I am relaxed or " I am in control" and " I am happy"
- Try different positions on your acupressure mat, this will target different areas of the body as well as keep the process refreshing and new. For first-timers ensure to place a t-shirt or thin sheet over the spikes of your mat.
- As well as in the morning use your acupressure mat to unwind and relax at night, recent studies from AlignMat has shown that 92.86% of people found an improvement in sleep quality after two weeks of daily use.
- Acupressure mats can be used to calm the nervous system after high-intensity exercise, also promoting muscle repair! After you walk, run, gym session or team sport, using your mat and pillow to target tight muscle can be super effective as well as help incorporated the acupressure mat sessions into your routine.